We are back again to assist you file your tax return for 2013! This year our IRS sponsored Volunteer Iincome Tax Assistant (VITA) program will be at the United Way of Washtenaw County office. Here is the summary of the program:
- Locatioin: United Way of Washtenaw County - 2800 Stone School Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Dates: Saturdays (10:00am to 4:00pm) 02/15, 02/22, 03/08, 03/29, 04/05 - Wednesdays (5:30pm to 8:30pm) 02/12, 02/19, 02/26, 03/05, 03/26, 04/02, 04/09
- Program Detail: Volunteers who have gone through and passed IRS training and exam will sit down with you and prepare your return for Federal and State (local as well if necessary). Most returns are filed electronically, and you will receive paper copy for your record.
- General Qualifycation Rule: Your income should be around or below $58,000 to qualify for the program. If you are not sure which income source or major event in 2013 are considered income for this purpose please call us at 734-677-7235
- Appointment: VITA program that allows volunteer to prepare returns for you are available by appointment (734-677-7235). If you are comfortable with computer, however, we have a number of station with free self-filing software available. You can prepare your own return at site and ask volunteers questions as you prepare your return.
Our online filing partner site is now ready and up! By going to the link at http://myfreetaxes.com/washtenawabc you will be able to start your return and either submit after January 31st or work with us to finish your return at Ann Arbor District Library.
Please check it out and give us feedback!
- Article Count: